Hauntingly Fun Box & Plaque
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt: Acrylic Color: Violet Pansy, Pure Orange, School Bus Yellow, Licorice
- Floating Medium
- Artists' Varnish Satin
- Extreme Glitter, black
- 7" round wooden plaque
- 5" wooden Box
- Paintbrushes: #12 flat, 3/4" flat, medium round
- Transfer paper
- Masking tape
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Assorted ribbons
PLAQUE : Refer to photo/PDF.
- Lightly sand surface. Wipe with clean, damp cloth. Transfer pattern to front of plaque.
- Paint plaque back & bottom edge Pure Orange with Violet Pansy polka dots. Paint inside rim Licorice.
- To paint plaque front: Double load #12 flat brush with Floating Medium & Pure Orange. With Pure Orange side of brush on the outside edge, paint shadows on the moon, eyes & mouth of tree. Use toothpick dipped in School Bus Yellow to dot stars in the sky.
- Brush 3 light coats of black Extreme Glitter over all Licorice area.
- Seal project with satin varnish. When dry, use hot glue to attach ribbons as a hanger.
BOX: Refer to Photo/PDF.
- Lightly sand box, inside and out. Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
- Measure and tape off a 4" square in the center of each side of the box, leaving a border around the square.
- Paint 2 squares on opposite sides of the box School Bus Yellow. Paint remaining 2 squares Pure Orange. Remove tape.
- Paint borders & inside box Violet Pansy. Allow to dry. Use #12 flat brush to paint Licorice squares around the borders.
- Transfer spider pattern to Pure Orange squares & bat pattern to School Bus Yellow squares. Use medium round brush to paint designs with Licorice.
- Double load #12 flat brush with Floating Medium & Pure Orange. With Pure Orange side of brush on the outside, paint shaded areas on School Bus Yellow squares. Repeat with Licorice on Pure Orange squares.
- Apply 3 coats of black Extreme Glitter to Licorice areas. When completely dry, seal with satin varnish.