Hawaiian Beach Party
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™: Luau
- White T-shirt
- Paper towels
- Plastic tablecloth
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash T-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
3. Lay damp T-shirt flat on surface.
4. Pull up 4" of fabric into a tube shape and place rubber band at the 4" mark. Repeat making tube shapes over entire shirt to create multiple sunbursts.
5. Lay a couple of layers of paper towels under the banded shirt.
6. Wearing protective gloves, add water to all the dye bottles, filling to the line. Replace caps tightly. Shake one minute until dye is dissolved.
7. Apply dye on each section of the banded sunbursts, using all the different dye colors.
8. Cover with plastic tablecloth to keep damp. Let set 6-8 hours.
9. Rinse under faucet to remove excess dye. Rinse until water runs clear.
10. Leave rubber bands on shirt and wash in washer set to large load setting.
11. After washing, remove rubber bands. Machine dry.
12. Wash separately for the first few washes.