Finished quilt size 42” x 64”
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 7/8 yds solid or monotone cotton fabric for front (44"-45" wide)
- 1/3 yd each of five printed cotton fabrics
- 2 yds backing fabric (44"-45" wide)
- 1/2 yd fabric for binding
- 4 yds HeatnBond Lite
- Twin size batting
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rayon embroidery thread for applique hearts
- Iron & pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- Finished quilt size 42"x64"
- Use 1/4" seams.
- Follow instructions for HeatnBond and fuse to back of the five 1/3-yard pieces.
- To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Using the template, trace and cut ten hearts from each of the five fused fabrics.
- Starting 2" to 3" from top of front fabric, follow diagram and arrange hearts in five rows with ten hearts in each row, barely touching. Rows should be 2" apart.
- Press hearts on front according to HeatnBond directions.
- Applique hearts with satin stitch with embroidery thread.
- Trim front of quilt 2" from hearts on all four sides. Quilt should measure approximately 42"x64".
- Quilt and bind as desired.