Heart Shaped Pom-Pom Pillow
- Over 5 Hours
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yard fleece fabric for pillow front and back
- Simplicity® pattern #5105
- 2 skeins blue yarn
- 2 skeins pink yarn
- 2 skeins brown yarn
- 1 skein green yarn
- Pompom maker
- Glue or yarn needle
- Matching thread
1. Follow directions for making a heart-shaped pillow, view ‘D’.
2. Follow directions for making 2" pompoms, make:
19 pink pompoms
15 brown pompoms
8 green pompoms
3. Beginning with the outside edge, glue the blue pompoms every 2" around heart shape.
4. Continue as shown in picture.
Note: Pompoms can be made by using a 2¼"x2¼" piece of heavy cardboard and winding the yarn 100 times around. Use scissors to cut ends; slide cardboard out; and tie center tightly with a 10" piece of yarn. Fluff and cut to shape a 2" pompom.
Pompoms can be sewn to the pillow using a yarn needle through the center tie yarn.