Heirloom Display Frames
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 photo frames
- 3 artist canvases
- Spray paint: blue, green
- Lace doilies
- Vintage photos
- Scrapbook papers: green, blue, cream, brown
- Small candle cups
- Buttons: pearl, brass
- Ribbon: green, blue, brown
- Sawtooth picture hangers
- Needle & thread
- Acrylic paints: brown, gray, silver, gold
- Small paintbrush
- Border punch
- Paper trimmer
- Glue stick
- Tacky glue
- Double-sided tape
- Screws, screwdriver
- Spray paint canvas front and edges. Allow to dry.
- Position lace doily on canvas; tack with needle & thread, beginning at back of canvas. Fold lace neatly if it covers a corner; secure to back of canvas.
- With glue stick, apply a bit of glue to tips of doily; lay it flat on the canvas surface.
- Sew thread through buttons; sew or glue buttons onto lace and canvas. Attach sawtooth hanger to back.
PHOTO FRAMES: Refer to photo.
- Remove backings from frames to use as templates for the background for photos. Mix and match scrapbook papers and ribbons.
- Arrange photos on background. Single- or double-mat them & attach with glue. Decorate with buttons, ribbons and embellishments. Set aside.
- Basecoat candle cups with acrylic paint. Add accent colors to blend with the frames. When paint is dry, screw the candle cups onto the frame. Be sure screws will not interfere with the glass when frame is reassembled.
- Apply glue to the top rim of each candle cup; place brass button on each, with button shank inside cup. Allow glue to dry.
- Reassemble frames. Add additional sawtooth hangers if necessary; hang.