Hello Cross Stitch On Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 10"x10" canvas
- Acrylic paint: light turquoise
- Embroidery needle
- 4 skeins of gold metallic embroidery floss
- Provided template
1. To download the template, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Scale and print provided template to 6-1/2" across.
2. Paint canvas light turquoise. Apply additional coats as necessary. Allow to dry between coats.
3. Place template on top of canvas with word facing up. Tape template to canvas back. Do not apply tape to portions of the canvas that have been painted.
4. Place thumbtacks along the lines of the word to keep template from shifting.
5. Use a thumbtack to punch holes every 1/4". This will help the needle slide through the canvas easier.
6. Begin embroidering over the paper using the back-stitch method of embroidery. Follow the lines until complete.
7. Remove the paper template by pulling it out from underneath the stitches. Use tweezers if necessary.