Hello Kitty Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies
- Hello Kitty Cake Pan
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- Red-Red, Lemon Yellow*, Golden Yellow*, Black Icing Colors
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Coupler Ring Set
- Tip: 6
- Tip: 16
- Tip: 8
- Tip: 3
- Tip: 4
- 12 in. Round Cake Board
- Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Favorite cake mix or recipe
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shade shown.
Makes: Cake serves 12.
- Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and allow cake to cool. Place cake on a foil-wrapped cake board.
- Make icing. Divide icing and tint portions as follows: ½ cup red, ¼ cup black, ¼ cup yellow. Reserve 2 cups of the icing white.
- Decorate cake. Use tip 8, a cut decorating bag and red icing to pipe in inside loop; smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Use tip 6 and black icing to outline inside and outside loop and knot.
Use tip 16 and red icing to fill in bow and knot with stars.
Use tip 3 and yellow icing to pipe in nose; smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 3 and yellow icing to outline nose.
Use tip 4 and black icing to outline whiskers.
Use tip 16 and white icing to cover head with stars.
Project Tip: Need more servings for your celebration? It’s easy to bake and decorate cupcakes to serve alongside the Hello Kitty Cake. Use Wilton Baking Cups, buttercream icing, and Wilton Pink Sugars Sprinkle Decorations.