Finished quilt size: 64"x75-1/2"
Unfinished hex ring block size: 10-3/8" (across flat sides) or 12" (from corner to corner)
Finished hex ring block size: 9-7/8" (across flat sides) or 11-1/2" (from corner to corner)
Note: Prewash yardages.
Use a 1/4" seam allowance and press seams open unless otherwise indicated.
WOF=width of fabric
From the large floral fabric, cut:
From the small floral fabric, cut:Four 4-1/4" x WOF stripsSubcut 48 template A trianglesFive 1-3/4" x WOF stripsOne 5-1/2" x WOF stripSubcut 1 template B and 3 Br patches
From the paisley fabric, cut:Three 4-1/4" x WOF stripsSubcut 36 template A trianglesTen 1-3/4" x WOF stripsOne 5-1/2" x WOF stripSubcut 3 template B and 3 Br patches
From the butterfly fabric, cut:Four 4-1/4" x WOF stripsSubcut 42 template A trianglesSeven 1-3/4" x WOF stripsOne 5-1/2" x WOF stripSubcut 3 template B and 2 Br patches
From the zigzag fabric, cut:Three 4-1/4" x WOF stripsSubcut 39 template A trianglesSeven 1-3/4" x WOF stripsOne 5-1/2" x WOF stripSubcut 1 template B and 1 Br patches
From the orange dot fabric, cut:Three 4-1/4" x WOF stripsSubcut 36 template A triangles
From the white fabric, cut:Six 4-1/4" x WOF stripsSubcut 78 template A trianglesEleven 1-3/4" x WOF stripsOne 5-1/2" x WOF stripSubcut 2 template B and 2 Br patches
2. Working with one triangle/strip set at a time, and with right sides together, align the base of one triangle with one long raw edge of the strip. The blunt triangle tip will extend beyond the opposite strip edge. Sew each triangle base to the strip, leaving a 1-1/2" gap between triangles. Press the seams open.
3. Align a rotary ruler with each triangle edge, and cut to separate the triangles from the strip.
4. Arrange each set of triangles into a hexagon as shown. (If working with a half-hexagon block, arrange the three triangles as a half-hexagon.) Join two pairs of triangles along adjacent edges. Press the seams open. Join a third triangle to each pair, forming a half-hexagon. Press the seam open. Matching the center points, join the two half-hexagons together to form a full hexagon block. Press the seam open.
Make 49 full hexagon and 7 half-hexagon blocks.
5. Referring to the Quilt Assembly Diagram, arrange the blocks into 7 rows of 7 full hexagons and one half-hexagon each. Note that every other row starts with a full hexagon. Place 15 template B or Br patches along each side.
6. Sew the template B patches to the hexagons in the first and last row, matching adjacent edges. Press the seams toward the B or Br patches.
7. Sew the hexagons together in vertical rows, backstitching at the beginning and end of each seam exactly at the seam allowance corners. Press the seams open.
8. Join the rows together along each angled edge, backstitching at the beginning and end of each seam. Do not stitch through the seam allowances. Press the seams open.
9. Remove the selvages from each edge of the backing fabric. Cut the yardage into two equal lengths. With right sides together, join the two pieces together along one long edge and press the seam open.
10. Layer the quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
11. Trim the excess batting and backing even with the quilt top.
12. Stitch the binding strips together along the short edges, using diagonal seams to make one long strip. Fold the strip lengthwise, with wrong sides together. Press. Stitch to the quilt front, matching raw edges and mitering the corners.
13. Fold the binding to the quilt back and hand-stitch the folded edge to secure.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>