Hexagon Felted Pincushion
- Simplicity Deluxe 12 Needle Felting Machine and Extension Table
- EZ Quilting Hexagon template
- EZ Ruler straight edge
- 4 colors of felt sheets (at least 30 to 50% wool)
- Polyester stuffing
- Embroidery floss and needle
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Spray adhesive (optional) test on all fibers before using on project
1. Cut out one of each color: 3-1/2” hex, 2-1/2” hex 1-1/2” hex.
2. Place 3-1/2” hex onto backing felt and felt in place (use a spray adhesive if desired).
3. Repeat with 2-1/2” and 1-1/2” hex shapes.
4. Lay finished felted piece on top of backing felt and pin in center.
5. Measure and cut out 1/2” around the largest felted hex shape.
6. With embroidery floss sew a running stitch around 5 sides and leave one side open.
7. Stuff opening with filler. Sew up opening and tie off.