NOTES: 1/4" seam allowance used throughout. WOF = width of fabric.
1. From each of the ten coordinating fabrics, cut three 2½" WOF strips. Note: The extra strips allow some “play" with the fabric choices and half hexagon placement.
2. With right sides together, stitch two coordinating strips together along one long edge. Press seam allowance open.
3. Cut six 60 degree triangles from the strip set. If cut correctly, there will be two sets of six 60 degree triangles. Optional: If using the EZ Quilting® 60 Degree Diamond Ruler, place one 60 degree point along the long edge of the strip set. The opposite edge of the strip set should be across the middle of the ruler.
4. Stitch three triangles together to make a half hexagon. Repeat to make another half hexagon. Make 84 half hexagons.
5. Using the photo as reference, place the half hexagons on a design wall. Place six hexagons along the top edge. Nest the next row of hexagons between the first row of hexagons, starting and stopping the row with a half hexagon. Place the raw edge of the each half hexagon so that the seam joining two halves will be vertical. Note: Making half hexagons and setting the pieces in vertical rows eliminates the need for “Y-seam" construction.
6. Stitch the short sides of the half hexagons together when desired placement is reached. Press seam allowances in one direction, being sure to alternate the direction with each vertical row.
7. Stitch the vertical rows together.
8. Piece backing as needed to make a 54"x60" rectangle.
9. Layer pieced top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
10. From binding fabric, cut six 2½" bias strips. Stitch short ends together. Press with wrong sides together and long edges even. Stitch binding to right side of quilted piece with raw edges even. Ease binding along points as needed. Turn to back side of quilt and whipstitch in place.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>