High-Flying Feathers Mask
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Feathers: Colored guinea, biots, peacock 1 hackle 1/2 plates bag of assorted feathers
- Mask form
- Adhesive-backed felt to cover mask
- Assorted jewels and sequins
- 2 yds. cord or ribbon for hanger
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks*
* Note: Only use glue gun with adult supervision
- Cover mask form with adhesive backed felt.
- Add cord for ties by punching hole in mask just behind and above eye hole. Insert 1 yd. cord or ribbon through hole and tie overhand knot. Repeat on other side.
- Glue green and yellow feathers from the top center of the mask out toward the edge as a background for the designs applied next. Blow fluff away at glue points so glue sticks to the feather foundation.
- Glue the 1/2 plate in the center, this will make a good foundation for the peacock feathers.
- Add 3 or more peacock feathers, staggering the lengths.
- Place a small cluster of feathers of desired size and color at the corners of the mask to cover the glue. The example uses some biots covered with some guinea.
- Starting in the center of the mask glue feathers in layers, some up, some out, some down. BUT HAVE A PLAN before you start.
NOTE: Some feathers will need to have the fluffy bottoms trimmed off for glue to hold.
- Trim with jewels and sequins as desired.