Hocus Pocus Plaque
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts®:
- Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint: Yellowjacket, Marmalade Black Chalkboard Paint
- White Erasable Liquid Chalk
- Laser Stencil: Pendant Bunting
- Adhesive Silkscreen: Bodoni Alphabet
- Basic brush set
- Stencil brush set
- Stencil tape
- Walnut Hollow™ basswood country round
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- Foam plates
1. Paint several coats of black chalkboard paint on basswood round. Allow the paint to dry between coats.
2. Condition by rubbing the side of a piece of chalk over the surface, then wipe with paper towel or soft cloth.
3. Stencil banner element from laser stencil along top of basswood round, alternating Yellowjacket & Marmalade.
4. Cut apart silkscreen letters. Choose placement & spacing; tape down.
5. Lightly stencil erasable chalk through screen straight from the bottle.
6. Apply second coat for more intensity. Immediately wash screens to prevent chalk clogging the screen.
7. Draw Halloween icons with chalk.
Personalize with a house number or family name with erasable chalk. It won’t smudge & it can be easily removed with a damp sponge!