Holiday Ball Jar
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ball jar
- Ribbons: 3 coordinating styles in red & white
- Lime green felt with self-adhesive backing
- Kelly green stiffened felt
- 3 red buttons
- Thread: red, tan
- Tacky glue
1. Cut a strip of burlap long enough to wrap around the jar and 2"-3" wider than the desired final width. Fold under the edges of the burlap to achieve the desired width. Wrap around the jar, and secure with needle and thread at the back of the jar.
2. Wrap the three ribbons around the burlap and secure with needle and thread at the back of the jar.
3. Cut 2 holly leaves from Kelly green felt. Peel back an edge of the lime green felt to expose the adhesive. Lay the edge of the adhesive at the midline of the Kelly green holly leaf and press firmly. Cut the lime green felt, following the lines of the Kelly green holly leaf.
4. Overlap the bases of the leaves and sew together with a red button until they are joined. Glue the leaves to the front of the jar. Sew thread through the holes of the remaining 2 buttons and glue near the first.
5. Trace the circle of the jar lid onto the lime green felt and cut out with scissors. Adhere to the lid. Assemble the jar. Tie burlap strands or ribbon around the rim of the jar.