Holiday Joy Blocks
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 Styrofoam brand foam cubes: 3" each
- Ready-to-Finish Wooden letters: J, O, Y
- Decorative Christmas papers and stickers
- Rick-rack trim
- Red acrylic paint
- Glitter glue
- Tacky glue
- Cut two 3"x12" coordinating paper strips. Wrap papers in opposite directions around cube; crease along corners. Glue in place just at ends so paper doesn’t wrinkle. Repeat until all raw edges of cube are covered. Repeat for remaining cubes.
- Paint wooden letters; let dry.
- Apply glitter glue to letters. Shake off excess glitter; let dry. Glue one glittered letter to front of each block.
- Add glitter around front of squares.
- Adhere rick-rack trim, stickers and other embellishments as desired.
Alternative for Valentine’s Day: Cover four cubes with pink and red papers of choice. Replace JOY letters with XOXO. Embellish with red hearts, red and pink glitter and rickrack.