Holly Jolly Holiday Advent Countdown
Count down to Christmas using this joyful advent calendar wreath.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 14" white wreath
- 2 sets of Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics: Peel & Stick 2ft x 3/4"
- 1/4 yd white felt
- 9"x12" stiff felt sheets:
- 2 white
- 1 ea: glitter red, red, dark green & light green
- 9"x12" sticker sheet
- Craft knife
- Permanent marker
- Templates at joann.com®: circles, holly leaves & numbers
- White Velcro® Brand One-Wrap®
1. Cut 2" long strips of white felt. Wrap strips tightly around the wreath to cover; secure loose ends with Velcro® Brand fasteners.
2. Cut 12 red 2" circles, 13 glitter red 2" circles & 25 white 2" circles from stiff felt.
3. Number the white circles 1 to 25. Either cut out from sticker felt & attach or draw with a permanent marker.
4. Cut 25 pieces of 3/4"x 3/4" hook (scratchy side) Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics. Attach fasteners to the wreath front following package directions.
5. Cut 50 pieces of 1/2"x 3/4" loop (soft side) Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics. Attach to the backs of red & white circles following package directions.
6. Cut out 15 or more holly leaves using the online templates from dark green. For 8 leaves, cut & glue thin strips of light green felt to the centers. Allow to dry. Attach leaves to the backs of 15 red circles using 1/2" pieces of Velcro® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics.
7. Make the wreath hanger by cutting a length of One-Wrap® fastener. Use white felt to cover all of the hook (scratchy) side except for 3" on one end. Slip the hanger through the wreath, attach the One-Wrap® fastener to itself & hang.
8. Attach numbered circles to the wreath in numerical order. Each day, replace a number with a holly berry to count down to Christmas.