Home Decor Button Bowl and Tray
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted buttons (Various sizes and colors)
- Bowl or tray (to use as a template)
- Aluminum foil (large enough piece to cover the outside of the bowl)
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Coordinating paint
- Small flat paintbrush
- Water/paper towels for clean up
*If using buttons with unfinished backs, paint the back for finished look.
1. Place the bowl upside down on work surface.
2. Cover outside of bowl with aluminum foil.
3. If using any buttons that have unfinished backs, make sure to paint the backs and allow them to dry completely before continuing.
4. Arrange the buttons on the bowl starting in the bottom middle; glue them together while working towards the outside. Make sure to glue the bottom buttons so any pattern on the button will be visible inside the bowl once it's flipped right side up.
5. Continue to work up the sides of the bowl gluing the buttons in place with a small dab of hot glue. Make sure to use minimal glue when adhering the buttons together.
6. Once the base of the bowl is done, remove the button bowl form the bowl template and set right side up on work surface. Go back through and add additional buttons if there are weak points or if it is necessary to hide glue spots.