SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yds. of 60" knit fabric
- Any pattern showing a knit V-neck T-shirt
- Tissue paper for additional alterations of pattern
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. All seams are 5/8" unless noted otherwise. Tape pattern to tissue paper for alterations of pattern.
2. Extend shoulder at armhole 7" to make a drop sleeve. Mark 3" down below underarm, extend side seam out 1-1/2" from the 3" mark. Draw line up to new shoulder line to make new drop armhole.
3. New Center Front and Hood: Measure 17" down from waist (or desired length) for new length of top. Measure and add 6" from center front line out, making the front wider. Draw a straight line down to hem. Measure and add 28" up from new center front at waist to form the top of hood. To make hood, measure over 14" and down 11". Measure in 3-1/2" to form neckline that will be sewn into the back neckline.
4. Place new front pattern face down on to back pattern and trace drop shoulder and side seams only to match front.
5. Sew shoulders, side seams and hood together. Hem sleeves, center front and bottom.
6. Place inside center fronts together and sew front about 3" below v- neckline to desired length to close the front.