How To Create a Bird Pots
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Small clay pots
- 1 Bag of small colored feathers
- Assorted papers with fun patterns including solid orange paper for beaks
- Assorted paper tapes
- Adhesive google eyes
- Acrylic patio paint- 1 color for each bird
- 1 Medium paint brush
- 1 Can of clear gloss acrylic paint
- Assorted colored chenile stems
- Paint each pot using the medium brush and acrylic patio paint. Let them dry.
- Spray each pot with the clear acrylic gloss spray paint.
- Place the google eyes first to place the rest of the face later.
- Cut a small triangle out of the orange paper. Fold it in half to make a beak.
- Glue the beak beneath the eyes.
- Cut wings out of the assorted papers. Fold the wings in half to give them some shape and glue onto the sides of the pots.
- Group a bunch of feathers together, place a small dab of glue at the bottom of the bunch and insert them into the drain hole of the top of the pot. Add chenile stems shapes for interest.
- Glue small feathers around the wings to create a fluffy look to the birds.
- Select a paper tape and wrap around the base of the pot to give it a finished look.
- Add more feathres as desired to face and wings.