How To Create a Rainbow Yarn Dangler
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Thick piece of white foamie sheet 11”x 17”
- 1 Piece of bright blue foamie sheet 11” x 17”
- 1 Piece of black foamie sheet 5”x 7”
- Assorted primary colors of Lion mini Bon Bon yarns
- White skein fuzzy yarn
- Light pink yarn for cheeks
- 2 Adhesive googly eyes
- Clear glue
- Using the thick white foamie sheet cut out the shape of a white fluffy cloud.
- Cut out another slightly larger cloud in the blue foamie sheet.
- Using your primary yarns cut out 20 strands of each color 24” long.
- Place a ribbon of glue on the blue foamie sheet about 1” up from the bottom.
- Lay the first group purple yarn on the ribbon of glue. Continue this process with each additional color of the rainbow. Let it dry.
- On the white thick foamie sheet cloud, create swirls of yarn and decorative patterns on the face of the cloud using your clear glue and white fuzzy yarn. Make sure to let some of the white foamie sheet show throw to add depth.
- Glue the white thick foamie sheet to the blue foamie sheet cloud covering all the colored strands.
- Trim the ends of the rainbow yarn to be one length.
- THE FACE- cut out a smile with the black foamie sheet. Glue it onto the cloud.
- Cut out two circles of white foamie sheet for the cheeks.
- Place a small dab of glue on the surface of the white foamie sheet circles and spread to cover the surface.
- Using light pink yarn, starting in the center of the white circles, wrap a circle pattern on the face of the white foamie sheet circles to create cheeks.
- Glue in place the google eyes, mouth and cheeks to create a face.