How To Create Spool Turning Flowers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Printed paper pad of choice
- 6"x6" mixed media paper pad
- Wooden spools 1-1/2" x 2" (3)
- 1/4" x 12" wooden sticks (3)
- Packet of small wooden hearts
- Packet of small wooden spools
- Packet of decorative paper string
- Ball of string twine
- Ball of thin jute
- X-Acto® knife
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Glue the sticks into the large wooden spools using the hot glue gun.
- Wrap the decorative string around the base of the spool to look like bulky thread.
- Tie the ends into a bow and place a small dab of hot glue to secure it in place.
- Using X-Acto® knife, cut flowers from the decorative papers.
- Attach the flowers to the sticks using a thick stream of hot glue on the backside of the flowers. Hold it in place while it dries.
- Cut out leaves from the decorative papers. Feel free to use more than one color of paper.
- Using glue stick, attach the leaves to the middle of the wooden stick.
- Glue the small spools to the center of the flowers to give them depth.
- Place the hearts as a decorative element or to cover where papers are glued together.