How To Make A 11” x 14” Canvas with Angel Wings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 11" x 14" art canvas
- Gold paint
- 1" paintbrush
- Sheet of metallic gold paper
- 2 different sheets of gold cardstock paper
- 1" tear-drop shape paper punch (optional)
- Adhesive 3D foam squares
Allow paint to dry thoroughly between each coat and color. Note: Two coats of paint may be needed.
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Enlarge pattern.
- Paint canvas with gold paint using a 1" brush.
- Lightly trace pattern onto canvas.
- Cut out long pieces of wings from metallic paper.
- Punch or cut out approximately 100 total tear-drop shapes from all 3 papers.
- Beginning with the inside of the wing and working out, place the long wing pieces as shown. Use the adhesive foam squares to give height and dimension. NOTE: Slightly overlap each long piece. Squares may need to be cut in half.
- On the last outside long piece, run a thin line of glue along the outside edge and glue it down to canvas.
- Starting with the inside top of the wings, use the foam squares to attach tear-drop shapes, overlapping slightly.