How To Make A Baby Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pewter Circle Stamping Blank
- ½" Alkeme Tag Circle with ring
- Hands & Feet outline stamp pack
- Handmade design stamp
- Newsprint letter stamps
- Ergo-Angle™ hammer
- Steel bench block
- Stamp enamel
- Polishing cloth
- Cotton swab
- Two pairs of chain-nose pliers
- Jump rings
- Place the pewter circle stamping blank on the steel bench block.
- Count letters and spaces in the stamped phrase. “Baby’s first steps” has 17 letters and spaces. The 9th letter, “r,” should be stamped in the center of the bottom edge.
- Stamp your phrase. If the stamp has an ImpressArt® logo, make sure it is facing uo to ensure that the letter is stamped the right direction. Place the stamp on the stamping blank so that the bottom of the stamp is aligned with edge of the blank. Hold the letter stamp at a 90-degree angle to the stamping blank. Strike the stamp with the Ergo-Angle™ hammer once with medium force. Repeat for each letter moving to the left and the right of the center letter.
- Stamp the feet outlines in the center of the blank. Make sure to note the left and right foot.
- Place the ½" Alkeme on the steel block.
- Stamp the handmade design stamp in the center of the blank.
- Cover the stamped impressions with stamp enamel. Use the cotton swab to ensure the enamel completely covers the impression. Wait 10-20 seconds. Wipe away the excess stamp enamel with a soft cloth.
- Attach the stamped blanks to the chain with jump rings using two pairs of chain-nose pliers. Grasp the ends of the jump ring with the pliers. Move the ends laterally, pulling one end one way while pushing the other end the opposite way to open the jump ring.
- Slide the stamped blank on jump ring and the jump ring onto the chain.
- Close the jump ring by grasping the ends of the jump rings with the chain-nose pliers. Move the ends laterally past each other several times. Bring the ends together. There will be a “click” when the ends are touching one another without space.
- Attach the handmade tag to the clasp of the chain using a jump ring.