How To Make A Casual Springtime Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pattern - Simplicity 1801
- Purchase all fabric and notions as indicated on the pattern. If the dress will be longer than pictured on the pattern envelope, purchase additional fabric
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
Note: All seams are 5/8” unless mentioned otherwise.
- Follow the directions in the pattern envelope except for the sleeve. The sleeve was altered for a tighter fit.
- Sleeve alterations: On the sleeve pattern, mark a line at center and one line on each side of sleeve 1" before notches, drawing line down to the hem. Pleat each line to remove 1". Lower and reshape the cap so that it is a smooth curve and measures no more than 1-1/2" larger than arm hole of dress.
- Continue with the cutting and sewing of the dress.
- Adjust dress length when pinning pattern to the fabric.