How to Make a Fabric Platter
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Various Fat Quarter™ fabrics
- Dishwasher-safe Mod Podge®
- Paintbrush or sponge
- Cut various sized strips of fabric to accommodate the dish size.
- Making sure the dish is clean and dry. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge® on it.
- Place fabric on top of the Mod Podge® and gently smooth out any creases or bubbles.
- Cut off excess fabric on the sides. Repeat for all sides, or all around the dishware.
- Once the fabric is on the dishware, use a paintbrush or sponge again and paint a thin layer of Mod Podge® over the fabric. Make sure to cover the entire fabric, as well as the edges.
- If a monogram is desired, cut out the monogram letter and apply it to the dish. Once again, paint over the monogram with the Mod Podge® as before.
- Allow Mod Podge to dry fully. If desired, add another layer of Mod Podge® to your creation over the fabric for added security.
Items in This Collection