How To Make A Fringe Vest
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 4 yards Simplicity®/MD fringe trim
- 1 yard silky or sheer fabric
- Thread to match fabrics
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
- Cut a square piece of fabric 42" x 60". Add a few inches for length if desired.
- With right sides together fold the rectangle in half lengthwise matching ends.
- Measure down 14" from fold on each side and mark. From mark, measure in 8" then straight down to form a rectangle and cut out. Pin sleeve and side seam edges then sew with 1/2" seam allowance. Trim and finish edges if desired. Turn and press.
- Measure and mark 1" down on the center of the top fold and 3" out on both sides. Cut out a half oval shape to form neckline. From each 3" mark, measure and trace down to bottom center forming a long triangle for front opening. Cut this open ON ONE SIDE ONLY.
- Use a rolled hem presser foot to sew front opening and neckline or double turn 1/4" and sew.
- Turn under bottom hem and sleeve edges 1/4" and press. Turn under 1/4" again and press.
- Pin the fringe to hem and sleeves and sew to garment.