How To Make A HIPPY HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt® Ultra Dye: Turquoise, Venom, Hot Pink
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint: French Vanilla, Licorice, Metallic Pure Gold
- Mod Podge® Matte
- FolkArt® 4" x 4" Laser Stencil: Dahlia
- Plaid® 3/8" natural stencil brush
- Darice® Craftwood Woodturning Shapes – Napkin Rings
- David Tutera® Casual Elegance Brown Burlap Flowers
- David Tutera® Burlap Flower Pick
- Basswood Thin Plaque 5" x 7" Monogram
- Wood circles assortment
- Brush Set Super Value Pack
- AdTech Hi-temp mini glue gun & sticks
- EKSuccess® Small Precision Scissors
- Graphic 45® Botanical Tea Collection Paper Pack
- Skeleton head image from Internet or book
- Tall pumpkin
- Wax paper
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- Paint pumpkin and plaque with Licorice. Let dry.
- Cut out assorted flowers from paper pack and the teeth and nose from skeleton head.
- Apply Venom Ultra Dye to two of the largest wood circles. Lightly swirl Turquoise along the edges to blend. Apply Turquoise to two 1-1/2" wood circles and to one napkin ring. Allow to dry.
- Using a round brush, create petals on the large wood circles with Turquoise. Start at the outer edge and drag inward. Begin by referring to a clock face and paint petals at 12, 3, 6 and 9. Then fill in between.
- Cut several burlap pick flowers from stems and remove the buttons. Apply Venom to the flowers and let dry. Apply Hot Pink to three of the burlap rose flowers. Allow to dry.
- Stencil the Dahlia in the center of the plaque and several on the pumpkin with Pure Gold.
- Brush Mod Podge® onto the back of your cut out paper images and place onto inverted pumpkin and plaque. Cover image with wax paper and smooth with fingers or squeegee. Overlap images for a collage effect. Apply two flowers to small wood circles. Allow all images to dry for at least 20 minutes before sealing with a coat of Mod Podge®.
- Using a liner brush, paint vines and swirls with French Vanilla where desired.
- Attach small wood circles to the centers of the larger ones, then attach to pumpkin.
- Glue napkin ring to center of plaque. Then glue stem of pumpkin inside ring. Use plenty of hot glue to secure.
- Cut apart the petals of the Venom flowers to create leaves.
- Hot glue burlap roses and leaves to pumpkin to complete.