How To Make A Mossy Floral Boutique Container
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt® Multi-Surface Paint: Pure Orange, Aqua, Wicker White
- FolkArt® Painted Finishes: Light Moss, Dark Moss
- FolkArt® Brush Set
- The Bloom Room Floral Boutique™ Metal Container
- 2-ply natural jute cord
- Fabric Quarters™ - Orange Asst
- Taklon Craft Brush Set
- Spring Sunshine Spray
- Spring Forsythia Stem Yellow
- Spring Pansy Grass
- Fiskars® Performance Scissors
- Aleene’s® Quick Dry “Tacky” Glue
- Sheet Moss Preserved
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- Remove canning jars from metal container. Remove the lids and paint Wicker White. Allow to dry.
- Paint the outside of the metal container with Aqua. Paint the metal word “Grow” with Pure Orange. Allow to dry.
- Using the liner brush, paint petals around the letter “o” in Wicker White. Start the brush stroke at the outer edge and drag towards the center. Allow to dry.
- Dab the dark moss randomly onto the metal container and the lids of the canning jars. Let the texture build up in places for a more natural look. When dry, apply the light moss in the same manner over the dark moss allowing areas of the dark moss to be predominant. Allow to dry.
- Cut an oval of fabric the size of the “o”. Glue to the back of the letter.
- Cut a rectangle of fabric the size of the bottom of the container. Lay or glue to the bottom.
- Cut and tie lengths of jute around the necks of the jars and finish in a bow.
- Place moss inside the jars. Cut apart sections of the plastic greenery and insert through screens in lids.