How To Make A Patchwork Makeup Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd. denim fabric
- Fat quarter of cotton fabric
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Press cloth
- Worsted weight yarn
- 12" zipper
- Yarn needle
- To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Cut 2 of pattern on fold each of denim and lining fabric (1/2" seam allowance included).
- Press under 1/2" at top of denim and lining pieces. Topstitch top edges of denim pieces to each side of zipper.
- Fold in bag in half, right sides together, and sew pieces together to form the bag shape. Trim seam allowance down to 1/4", and clip curves. Repeat this step for lining pieces.
- Slip lining into pouch, wrong sides together, and hand sew top edge of lining to zipper tape.
- To create tassel: wrap yarn around a 2" wide piece of cardboard 15 times. Slide a 10" long piece of yarn under the wrapped stitches, and knot to secure at the top. With a 20" long length of yarn attached to yarn needle, wrap tassel 1/2" down from top. Tie off, then weave end of tail into bottom of tassel. Clip end, and even out lengths.
- Attach selected patches to makeup bag, following manufacturer's instructions.