How To Make A Purple Aster Flower Crown
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut Explore® Gold Air machine
- Cricut Design Space™ software
- Cricut® 12" x 12" StandardGrip mat
- Cardstock, 1 sheet each: Green, Light Green, Purple, Light Purple, Dark Purple, Yellow
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Purple floral braided fabric cord
- White satin ribbon
- Thin floral wire
- Go to https://us.cricut.com/design/#/landing/project-detail/10274 and click “Make It Now.”
- Measure your head. Cut a length of braided fabric cord to fit from the top of your head to the nape of your neck. Cut a second length of fabric cord that will fit across the top of your head, meeting up with the first length of cord just above your ears.
- Twist thin floral wire around the fabric cord to give it structure. Use the thin floral wire to attach the smaller length of braided cord to the first, creating a double headband.
- Cut two lengths of white satin ribbon and use hot glue to adhere it to each end of the headband. Wrap short lengths of white satin ribbon around the headand where the first and second headbands meet.
- In Cricut Design Space™ cut images from cardstock.
- Assemble the flowers by curling a yellow center piece until it makes a tight spiral. Adhere to secure. Adhere a purple flower piece to the rolled center and continue to curl the flower piece around the center. Adhere to secure. Repeat for all the flower images. Tip: Use hot glue as adhesive when creating the flowers. It will make them more durable.
- Use hot glue to adhere the asters and leaves randomly to the floral crown.
- To wear, tie ribbons at the base of your neck.