How To Make A Unicorn Decoration and Dreamy Room Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fleece fabric:
- 1 yd grey
- 1/4 yd white
- 1/4 yd pink
- 1/4 yd yellow
- Embroidery floss: white, pink & black
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut 2 of Unicorn base, 1 of unicorn middle, 1 of unicorn bottom, and 4 of unicorn ear with grey fleece. Each pattern piece includes 1/2" seam allowance.
- Cut 2 of unicorn inner-ear with pink fleece.
- Cut 1 of unicorn horn with yellow fleece.
- Cut two 18"x11" rectangles out of white fleece. Using picture as a guide, make equal cuts into the pieces to create a "mane."
- Using photo as a guide, pin edge of "main" pieces to each side of unicorn base pieces. With wrong sides together, sew each base to unicorn middle, to create head.
- Stuff unicorn head with Poly-Fil, then sew to unicorn bottom, with wrong sides together.
- Using a whip stitch and embroidery floss, attach inner-ear to ear, then sew to another ear piece. Stuff each ear with Poly-Fil, then whip-stitch to top of unicorn head.
- Top-stitch lines 1/2" apart onto unicorn piece, to create "grooves." With wrong sides together, stitch sides together to create the horn. Stuff horn with Fiber-Fill, then whip stitch horn onto top of head.
- Using a back-stitch, embroider "smiling eye" onto each side of unicorn face. Use the photo as a guide.