How To Make An Easy Valentine Ribbon Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Various 1-yard cuts of ribbons or trims
- 1 yard quilting cotton fabric
- Fabric glue
- Basic sewing essentials (sewing machine, thread, scissors, etc.)
- Cut (2) squares the desired size of your pillow, plus 1" for seam allowance. This will give (1) front & (1) back pillow pattern piece.
- Place a piece of tin foil or wax paper underneath the Front Pillow pattern piece. This will protect the work surface.
- Cut ribbon into strips the same width as the pillow.
- Determine ribbon placement, and apply a thin strip of fabric glue where ribbon will be placed. If it helps, use a ruler to ensure straight lines.
- Lay the ribbon on the glue and press gently, smoothing out any wrinkles.
- Continue steps 4 thru 6 with all of the ribbon until the entire front of the pillow has been covered. Allow to dry fully overnight.
- Place front and back pillow pieces right sides together, matching up all 4 sides, and pin. Make sure any dangling ribbon trim, like poms or fringe, is INSIDE the pillow in the middle.
- Sew all around, leaving a 5" opening on the bottom edge unsewn. We will need this opening for turning the pillow in the next step. Trim seam allowance and any excess dangling ribbon edges.
- Turn pillow right side out through opening in the bottom and finger-press out all corners.
- Stuff pillow with polyfil, until it is nice and smooshy. Pin opening closed and whipstitch.
Items in This Collection
Item # prd10005
Available for U.S. Shipping Only
$5.99 $2.49 /yd