How To Make Granny’s Favorite Dishcloth
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Boye®/MD US 6 or US 7, 10” set of straight needles
- 1 Skein Lily® Sugar‘n Cream® yarn: 100% Cotton, 2.5 oz , 120 yards
- Tape measure
- Cast on 4 stitches.
- Row 1: Knit 4.
- Row 2: Knit 2, YO, knit across the row.
- Rows 3-41: Repeat Row 2 - 44 stitches at the end of Row 41.
- Row 42: Knit 1, k2tog, YO, k2tog, knit to the end of the row - 43 stitches.
- Repeat Row 42 until 4 stitches remain on the needle.
- Step 1: Begin by knitting the first two stitches of the last row.
- Step 2: Insert tip of left needle into first stitch knitted onto right needle.
- Step 3: Pull first stitch over second stitch on right needle and off the needle.
- Step 4: One stitch is now bound off and one stitch remains on the needle.
- Step 5: To bind off the remaining stitches in the row, knit the next stitch on left needle then repeat steps 2 & 3 until all stitches are bound off and one stitch remains on right needle.
- Step 6: To fasten off this last stitch, cut yarn leaving an 8" tail. Using tip of right needle, draw tail through stitch.
- Weave in ends.
- YO [Yarn Over Between Knit Stitch]: Bring yarn to front of work, then over right needle to back. Yarn is now in position to knit next stitch.
- K2tog [Knit 2 Stitches Together]: Insert the tip of the right needle through the front of the second stitch on left needle from left to right and then through first stitch on left needle. Knit these two stitches together as one.