How To Make Yarn Kites
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Assorted colors of Lion Brand Bon Bon yarns (2-3 colors per kite)
- 3 Wooden sticks per kite
- Glue two sticks together with one stick longer than the other and let dry.
- Tie on one color of the yarn to create a “God’s eye” pattern.
- Tie yarn in the middle cross section.
- Overlap the yarn crisscross at the middle and then go clockwise around the cross section up and then over, down and then up. Continue to do this pattern 10 times around the wooden cross. Tie off yarn, snip the end and then tie on a new color. Continue the pattern until the desired amount is reached.
- Tie off the yarn on the backside and snip the end.
- Snip a wooden stick in half.
- Sand the edges of the sticks.
- Wrap yarn around the small stick until it looks like a bundle. Tie the end of the yarn to the center of the kite.
- Tie additional strands of yarn to the bottom tip of the vertical stick to create tail of kite.
- Create bows or braid to add interest.