SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Cotton Onesie, Baby T-Shirt or Bib
Iron & Ironing Surface
Piece of Cardboard for Inside Garment
Marvy Uchida items:
Embossing Heat Tool
Trace & Transfer Pen
Puffy Velvet Fabric Markers: white, yellow, black, red
Fashion Fabric Markers: gold, brown
Fabric Bal & Brush: black
1. Using pencil, trace provided pattern image on a piece of tracing paper.
2. Flip tracing paper over and trace over the pencil lines with the Trace & Transfer Pen.
3. Place image onto the garment so that the transfer pen lines are touching the fabric. Pin in place.
4. Heat iron to ideal setting suited for the fabric, and carefully press the iron over the image several times. Check to
see if the image is transfer ed by careful y lifting a portion of the tracing paper. Be careful not to shift the tracing
paper. If necessary, press the iron over image a few more times.
5. Place the cardboard piece inside the garment before coloring in the design with the Fabric Markers.
6. Shake Puffy Velvet and Fashion Fabric Markers well. Color in the open spaces (separated by the transfer pen lines)
with Fabric Marker colors of choice and set aside to dry.
7. Use the black Fabric Marker to define the outlines of shapes; set garment aside to dry.
8. Once dry, while maintaining a distance of 6-8, pass the Embossing Heat Tool over the design in a constant circular
motion. Pass the tool back and forth in a circular motion until the paint pops up to create an embossed ef ect. Al ow
Puf y Velvet to cool before touching.
more projects, tips & techniques at JOANN.com
Created by Marvy Uchida
Skill Level 1: No Experience Necessary
Approx. Crafting Time: 1-3 hours + drying time
Please read and follow all manufacturers instructions for all tools and materials used.
Provide adult supervision if children participate in this project.
2012 JOANN Stores, Inc.