I Love You Because
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White picture frame
- Small framed chalkboard (small enough to fit inside of frame)
- Painter’s tape
- Gold spray paint
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Lace fabric
- Kraft colored wrapping paper
- Studio 112: gold glitter heart stickers
- Chalk pen
- Tulle: variety of pinks, gold’s, and creams
- Ribbon/lace: cream, gold
- Craft wire
- Wire cutters
1. Using painter’s tape, cover the face of the chalkboard.
2. Spray the chalkboard frame with an even layer of gold spray paint and allow to dry.
3. Open the back of the picture frame and remove cardboard insert. Using the cardboard insert as a template, cut Kraft paper the same size as the frame’s cardboard and the lace fabric a 1/2" larger (all around) than the frame’s cardboard insert.
4. Glue the Kraft paper to the front of the frame’s cardboard insert.
5. Wrap the lace fabric tight around the cardboard insert, allowing for the Kraft paper to show through.
6. Fold the extra fabric and secure to the back of the cardboard insert. Ensure a tight fit without fabric wrinkles.
7. Place the craft paper and lace wrapped cardboard insert back inside the frame. Be sure the lace faces the frame’s glass.
8. Hot glue the painted chalkboard to the outside of the glass.
9. Using a chalk pen, write a message on the chalkboard incorporating a gold glitter heart in the message.
1. To add a decorative hanger, cut a piece of craft wire double the length of the desired hanging length.
2. String wire through the loops located on the back of each side of the picture frame.
3. Pull the wire to the desired hang height and fasten the wire around the hook by twisting the wire together. Trim excess wire if necessary.
4. Cut tulle, lace and ribbon into strips, each approximately 2"x5".
5. Knot the strips of tulle, ribbon and lace to the wire in a random pattern.
6. Using hot glue, fasten a bead of choice to the base of the wire (closest to the frame) for added sparkle.