SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12" x 12" DCWV® Kidlet Stack
- Mason jar
- 1 1/2 " strip of burlap or cream-based home décor fabric
- Pink pom-pom trim
- Black and white baker's twine
- Bag of red beans
- Assorted items to put inside jar (i.e. bead charms such as a sewing machine, comb, button, etc.; small fabric flowers; clothespin; paperclip; coin; stamp; etc.)
- Paper crafting corner rounder punch
- Paper crafting adhesive (including hot glue)
- Paper trimmer
1. Depending on the size of the jar, select at least 30 items (more if the jar is larger) to put inside. Type up or write out a full list of the items. Cut this out and mount it on a piece of printed paper from the stack. Round the outside edges of the printed paper with your punch and set aside.
2. Fill your jar nearly to the top with beans, leaving at least 1" to 1-1/2" of space at the top (you may want to adjust this, depending on how well the items move through the beans). Put in the items and close the lid. Shake the jar to start mixing the items into the beads.
3. Attach a strip of burlap or fabric around the center of the jar, adhering it once in the center and also at the back of the jar.
4. Cut a 1" strip of another print from the stack and adhere this around the center of your strip of fabric.
5. Adhere the strip of pink pom-poms around the bottom of the print.
6. Finish off by wrapping 2 pieces of the black and white bakers twine around the center of the jar, tying them off in the front. Slip the card from step 1 behind the fabric/paper band.