Illuminated Autumn Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18" grapevine wreath
- 1 pkg 140-ct Deco Lights teeny bulbs
- 2 sheets each 12"x12" cardstock: 2 shades of green
- 2 sheets each 12"x12" cardstock: 3 shades of orange
- 3/8 yd wool felt, green
- 1/8 yd wool felt, brown
- 3 pkgs cloth stem wire, dark brown
- 3 pkgs 12-gauge wired accents, gold
- Low-melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Wire cutters
- Round-nose pliers
- Paper & pencil
- Small scissors
Refer to PDF/photo for placement of all materials.
- Loosen grapevine wreath by removing spiral branch & gently pulling until an open, airy shape is achieved. Attach dark brown cloth stem wire to wreath in several places to hold shape.
- Use a cloth stem wire to make a wreath hanger.
- Wire lights onto the backside of wreath.
- Make leaves in 3 different sizes with provided patterns. Trace patterns on right side of cardstock. Place a blank sheet of cardstock behind the sheet with the traced patterns, wrong sides together. Cut out leaves in pairs. Cut a variety of sizes in all 5 colors.
- Similarly trace & cut pairs of brown felt leaves using the largest leaf pattern. Trace & cut pairs of green felt leaves with the medium leaf pattern.
- Cut pieces of cloth stem wire to place in between each set of leaves & glue in place. Extend wire out 2" from the base of leaf.
- Bend & mold leaves into a natural-looking shape, then glue or wire in place around the wreath. Do not to get glue on lights.
- 8. Using leaf patterns as a guide, bend gold wire with round-nose pliers & fingers to the leaf shape with a 4" stem. Make 3 gold wire leaves. Wire in place on wreath.
- 9. To create wire sphere embellishments wrap gold wire around 2 fingers & shape. Make 5 wire spheres of various sizes. Wire in place on wreath. To create curly wire vines, wrap wires around a pencil to create coiled shape. Loop wire vines in place.