Illuminated Winter Frost Vase
Supplies & Tools:
- Anchor® clear glass cylinder
- 2 battery-operated LED branches: pearl silver
- Pearl bead garland
- 7 silver pine cone picks
- Silver fern bush
- Wide silver ribbon
- Duck® brand duct tape
- Glue gun, glue sticks
- Wire cutters
Directions: Refer to photo.
1. Put batteries into battery pack and test lights to be sure working.
2. Cut 6" of duct tape & place vertically on side of base to provide a surface for the ribbon.
3. Cut several pieces of ribbon to fit around vase. Create a seam along duct tape.
4. Place small piece of duck tape on back of battery packs to provide surface for glue to adhere. Not do put it on the side where the batteries will be placed.
5. Place glue on duct tape and adhere packs together, right-side up.
6. Hold lighted stems along seams and wrap horizontally with duct tape to secure.
7. Slide entire unit into glass vase. Ribbon will hide battery pack.
8. Open bead garland and wrap 2 or 3 times around bottom of vase. Secure at ribbon seam.
9. Glue 3 pine cones to ribbon at seam to hide mechanics.
10. Shape branches like a tree.
11. Snip fern fronds, glue in cluster around pine cones.
12. Snip 10" of beading to cascade from branches.
13. Use fronds to hide any exposed mechanics. Place additional fronds in with beads for texture.
14. Place pine cones in vase to finish.