Insanely Indigo Tie-Dye Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® – Blue
- 100% natural fiber scarf
- Disposable table cover
- Extra bottle for dye mixing
- Large pastry cooling rack
- Washing machine
1. Wash scarf and leave damp. Lay out on covered work surface.
2. Fold fabric randomly along vertical axis of scarf. Secure tightly with rubber band, and add another rubber band approx. 1" on either side of first band.
3. Lay scarf on pastry cooling rack over covered work surface. Mix dye according to package instructions. Pour approximately 1/4" to 1/2" mixed dye into extra dye bottle and fill with water to create lighter blue shade.
4. Apply full strength dye to tied section of scarf. Apply lighter shade of dye to remaining part of scarf.
5. Allow scarf to set 6-8 hours.
6. Remove rubber bands from scarf and rinse under running water to remove excess dye. Wash and dry scarf according to dye package instructions.