Idea Market Inspirational Chalkboard
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood script “LOVE” or message of choice
- Wood flower cut out
- Acrylic paint: antique white, magenta, orange
- Glow-in-the-dark paints
- Paint markers (optional)
- Buttons of choice
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Scrap paper
1. Sand the surface and edges of the chalkboard frame. Wipe down and then paint antique white. Allow to dry. Add an additional coat of paint if necessary.
2. Sand the wood flower and script. Wipe down and paint. Allow to dry. Sand the edges of the wood script.
3. Use a fine tip paint marker to draw some vine stems onto the frame. A stamp can also be used to create designs onto the frame.
4. Arrange the wood flower and 3-4 buttons along the bottom of the frame, with the script on top of them. Refer to photo. Hot glue everything in place when complete.
5. Arrange more buttons along the sides and top of frame. Hot glue them in place.
Cut a piece of scrap paper to fit inside the frame to prevent paint from getting on the chalkboard when painting.