Inspired Statement Wall Art
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- June Tailor®:Print ‘n Press™ Iron-On Transfer SheetsQuick Fuse™ Iron-On Fabric Sheets
- 8' embroidery hoops
- 10-1/2' squares or pieced squares of fabric*
- Computer & ink jet printer
- Iron & pressing surface
- Embellishments: ribbons, buttons & trim
- All purpose craft glue
* Note: Any color fabric may be used with Quick Fuse™ Iron-On Fabric Sheets. Use only white or very light color fabric with Print ’n Press™ Iron-On Transfer Sheets.
For overall statement wall art:
1. Design a statement on the computer to fit within an 8' circle.
2. Test print on a plain piece of paper and check size using embroidery hoop.
3. Following manufacturer’s instructions for Print ’n Press™ Transfer Sheets, print transfer, making sure to mirror image.
4. Trim transfer to 8-1/2' square. Center transfer, face down, on white or very light color fabric square. Iron transfer following manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Center on embroidery hoop and secure
For labeled wall art:
6. Design a statement label on the computer.
7. Print on plain paper, cut out and place on fabric square to check size and positioning using embroidery hoop.
8. Following manufacturer’s instructions for Quick Fuse™ Iron-On Fabric sheets, print the statement label, cut out and iron in place.
9. Embellish with ribbon, buttons or trim.
10. Center on embroidery hoop and secure.
11. With back side facing up and working in small sections, apply a thin bead of glue to the edge of the inner hoop.
12. Fold fabric over glue and press to hold. Allow glue to dry completely.
13. Trim away excess fabric along inside of inner hoop using a scissor or craft knife.