Interactive Holiday Table Cloth
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White fabric
- White iron-on interfacing, medium weight
- Clear vinyl
- Fabric markers
- Washable markers (for game playing)
- Iron & ironing board
- Sewing machine
- Pinking shears
1. Using the compass, draw two 12-1/2" circles on the back of the white fabric and the iron-on interfacing. Cut out and fuse the interfacing to the fabric, following manufacturer’s directions. Trace a 12” circle on the back of the interfacing and trim the circle with pinking shears. Repeat, to cut out and fuse two 10" circles and two 8" circles.
2. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
3. Write the name of the game at the top of the circle with black fabric marker. Using a ruler, draw on the game, all using a black marker. We drew Hangman, Tic-Tac-Toe, and Dots.
4. Embellish the circle with holiday-themed drawings, such as holly, tree lights and snowflakes.
5. Cut out squares of vinyl slightly larger than the circles, layer onto the circles, and stitch around the edges. Trim vinyl with pinking shears. Note: If the vinyl seems too stiff to sew,iron the ironing board cover until it is warm to the touch. Lay the vinyl over the warm area and hand-smooth it out. The warmth will relax and soften the vinyl. Do not iron the vinyl.