"Welcome Spring" Sign
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden Sign
- Black paint marker
- Paints: Bright Yellow Bright Orange Bright Pink Bright Green
- Brushes: 1/2" flat, 1/4" angular shader, detail
- Glossy spray varnish
- Basecoat all flowers and sign bright yellow. Basecoat leaves and stems bright green.
- First flower: Paint center bright orange. With handle of brush, dot yellow dots just inside center. Dot smaller pink dots following the carved spiral design of flower.
- Second flower: Paint outside petal area bright pink. Paint concentric circles as follows: first orange, then pink, with a yellow dot in the center.
- Third flower: Paint center orange. Paint a pink ring around it following carved lines of flower. Dot pink dots in center.
- Paint frame of sign pink.
- Write message with black paint marker (practice first on a separate piece of paper to get spacing correct). Dot on pink and orange dots behind message on yellow background.
Tip: Touch up any bright paint on wire with black marker. Seal with spray varnish.