SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd. cotton print
- 1/4 yd. lining
- Coordinating thread
- Ribbon & button
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
All seam allowances are ¼". RS= Right side(s) = Wrong Side(s)
Cotton Print: Two Pieces 6" x 3-1/2".
Lining: Two Pieces 6" x 3-1/2".
Ribbon: One Piece 3".
1. Pin RST of print.
2. Sew side seams & one end together, leaving the top open.
3. Repeat step 1-2 to sew lining together.
3. Turn lining right side out through open end.
4. Fold Ribbon in half, making a loop. Find center top of printed cotton fabric and baste in place.
5. Pin RS of lining to RS of cotton print fabric at that top.
6. Stitch around the top at 1/4", making sure your ribbon sandwiched in between the two pieces.
7. Fold lining 1/4" under and hand stitch opening closed.
8. Push lining down inside of the case.
9. Hand stitch button into place.