It's Hip to Dip Dyed Chambray Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip®:Soft® Fabric Paint – Platinum, Glacier WhiteOne-Step Fabric Dye Kit® – Blue
- 100% cotton chambray button-down shirt
- Plastic bucket for dyeing
- Sea sponge
- Freezer paper
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Wash shirt and leave damp.
2. Mix dye according to package directions and pour into bucket.
3. Dip damp shirt partway into bucket, being careful not to let shirt touch bucket sides, until desired coverage is achieved. Hang shirt and let set 6-8 hours.
4. Wash and dry shirt as suggested in dye package instructions.
5. Iron a large piece of freezer paper to inside of shirt. This creates a stable painting surface and prevents paint from bleeding through to back.
6. Use sea sponge to randomly apply Glacier White paint to border of dyed area on shirt body and sleeves. Allow to dry. Repeat on back of shirt.
7. Rinse sponge and use to apply Platinum paint over previously painted area. Repeat on back of shirt. Allow to dry.
8. Remove freezer paper from shirt.