Itsy Bitsy Spider Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip fabric-crafting supplies:
- Soft Fabric Paint: Lime, Neon Green, Glacier White
- 3D Fashion Paint: Metallic Silver, Lectric Lime
- Fabric Spray Paint, Sparkling Silver Glitter
- Fashion Form
- Jerzees T-shirt, black
- Paper towels
- Makeup sponges
- Painter's tape
- Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Lay T-shirt out flat on work surface. Place Fashion Form between layers of shirt.
- Use chalk to freehand draw design around neckline.
- Place painter's tape on each side of the web lines that extend from the neckline, leaving a 1/4" space between pieces at the top and gradually taper toward each other until they touch at the end of chalk line.
- Squeeze a puddle of Glacier White Soft Fabric Paint onto foil. Dip makeup sponge into paint, tap off excess and apply to taped off web lines. Reapply for full coverage. Allow paint to dry between applications.
- Squeeze puddles of Lime & Neon Green Soft Fabric Paint onto foil. Dab Lime onto top half of the web line & Neon Green to the bottom half. Remove tape and allow to dry.
- Use paintbrush to repeat color application process for the curved & horizontal web lines.
- Tape off and cover the neck and arms of the shirt with paper towels. Spray web with Sparkling Silver Glitter Fabric Spray Paint.
- Use Silver Metallic 3D Fashion Paint to outline one side of each web line.
- Use Silver Metallic 3D Fashion Paint to draw one vertical 3" to 4" line extending from a web strand.
- Use Lectric Lime 3D Fashion Paint to draw a spider at the bottom of the dangle line and write ITSY BITSY SPIDER on the right side of shirt under the web.