Jack-o-lantern Napkin Rings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dritz®:Cover buttonsCover button templatesDual purpose marking pen3/4" braided elastic (black)
- 4"x4" orange broadcloth
- 2" green felt square
- Permanent markers: orange & black
- Liquid Stitch™ Original fabric glue
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Hand needle & thread
1. Use the cover button template to trace a circle onto fabric and cut it out.
2. Make the buttons, following the instructions on the package.
3. With disappearing ink, draw pumpkin lines on the button. Then trace over them with an orange permanent marker.
4. Cut out pumpkin stem and top from green felt square and glue on with Liquid Stitch™ Original fabric glue.
5. With disappearing ink, draw face on pumpkin. Trace over it with black permanent marker.
6. Next, cut 5" of elastic and stitch ends together with 1/4" seam allowance.
7. To finish, turn seam allowance to the outside and hand sew the button to seam in elastic ring.