SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Design Master COLORTOOL® Spray, Orange
- 1/2 yd natural duck cloth
- 1-3/4 yd orange ball fringe
- Spool of cream thread
- Polyester stuffing or pillow form
- Poster board
- Craft knife
- Thick, black Sharpie® pen
- Bottle of yellow glow dimensional paint
- 2 black button
- Golden yellow embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Cut two 17" squares from the duck cloth.
- On an 18"-20" square of poster board sketch a pumpkin shape, sizing it to fit within a 15" square. Cut out the shape with the craft knife to create a stencil.
- Ready a flat painting area and protect from overspray with newspaper. Lay one piece of fabric on newspaper then place the pumpkin stencil centered on top of fabric. Ensure all fabric edges are masked.
- Make sure the edges of the pumpkin stencil are flush to the fabric. If not, weigh the poster board down with weights such as rocks. Spray a light coat of Orange within the stencil. Allow to dry and reapply one or two more coats. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- With the black Sharpie draw a stem, nose and jagged mouth. Fill in as needed.
- Make large circles for eyes using the yellow glow dimensional paint. Allow to dry.
- Attach black buttons with embroidery floss and highlight mouth with chain stitching.
- Allowing for a 1/2" seam allowance, sew ball fringe to right side of painted fabric square. Place right sides of fabric together and stitch, leaving an 8" opening. Turn fabric inside out and stuff pillow. Stitch opening closed.