SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity 2446 jacket pattern
- Fabric and notions as indicated on pattern
- 1 yard of 3" to 4" wide lace
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
Follow pattern as directed with the following exceptions:
1. For lace side seam insert: Measure up 1" above the waist on side front and side back pattern panels, draw a line on pattern and sew side seams together. Sew top edge of lace to fabric at the line. Sew bottom edge of lace to fabric and press. Trim jacket fabric behind the lace to ¼" from the seam. Turn trimmed edges up away from lace and re-stitch on lace to keep the seam allowance in place. Continue on with the construction of the jacket.
2. Lace on sleeve: Cut 2 ½" plus hem off bottom of sleeve and cut off side vent. Turn up 3/8" seam and sew edge of lace to right side of sleeve and connect seams on lace to close.
3. Omit buttons and make two buttonholes, 10" up from bottom of hem, one on the left and one on the right.
4. Cut a bias strip out of fabric 1 ¼" wide x 25" long. Fold in half lengthwise right sides together, sew the long edge, turn and tie ends into tight knots.