SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paints: ebony, azalea, crimson red
- 1 yd Black and white pinstriped fabric
- 1 yd White cotton fabric
- Straight pins
- Contact paper
- Chalk pencil
- Sewing machine
- Thread to match
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Polyester fiberfill
- Paintbrushes: small, large flat
- Aluminum foil
- Paper towels
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Lay white fabric flat on a clean work surface. Fold in half.
2. Measure 22" on all four sides to create a square. Cut fabric through both layers to create two pieces. Repeat for pinstriped fabric.
3. To create pillow covers, place fabrics right sides together and sew around three sides. Turn right sides out.
4. Squeeze puddles of ebony and crimson red Soft Fabric Paints onto foil.
5. Dip small paintbrush into ebony then paint the word "Bisous" on white pillow cover. Repeat process, covering entire pillow cover and randomly painting lip designs as desired in between the words. Refer to photo. Let dry.
Tip: If desired, first write out "Bisous" on pillow cover using chalk pencil, then cover over chalked words with paint.
6. Paint in lips with crimson red. Let dry.
7. Fold a large piece of contact paper in half. Draw half of a heart on one side. Cut through both layers to create a heart stencil.
8. Peel backing from heart stencil and center on pinstriped fabric. Press firmly in place, making sure all edges are sealed to prevent seepage.
9. Squeeze a puddle of azalea Soft Fabric Paint onto foil.
10. Use large paintbrush to paint heart with azalea. Let dry and add a second coat if necessary. Let dry and remove stencil.
11. Using small paintbrush, paint the word "J'adore" onto center of heart using ebony. Let dry.
12. Insert fiberfill into pillow covers. Sew pillow covers closed.